Wednesday 7 September 2011

Fallen

Description:

There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.
Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.
Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.
Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, Fallen is a page turning thriller and the ultimate love story.

My Take
Meh. Worth a read if you are really hard up for something different from the YA Vampire/Were merry go round. The basic story line is awesome but the writing kinda falls flat. The 1st book was pretty good, the second not as much; I haven’t read the 3rd book yet but I’ll wait till it comes out in paperback. Not willing to shell out $20 for a book I’m wary of. I’m in no rush (really not a good sign).

Both the main protagonists annoyed the crap out of me to tell you the truth. The hero is controlling and is constantly talking down to the heroine. And I wanted to bludgeon the heroine numerous times for displaying such rampant sheer stupidity. It reminds me of the Twilight series and not in a good way. Way to once again sell unhealthy relationships to teens and market it as romantic.

Don’t get me wrong. I can sort of relate to the protagonist’s dilemma. Are you in love with the person you think of as your soul mate because of who he is now or because of who he WAS and the relationship you once had? It’s a hard, gritty thing to deal with and it has so much potential to be a great story. But, it feels like the author is still working on getting into her groove and working out the kinks which means I was left feeling disappointed. When I finished the book I felt like I’d just taken home a tall, sexy Viking warrior who turned out to have a very tiny…package.


Last Word: If you are curious about this book, I’d suggest borrowing it from a friend or the library. I wouldn’t recommend committing to buying this book before you at least have a taste test.

Where to Buy:
If you really want to buy this book (no judgment) then here's the link to it on Amazon: 



2 comments:

  1. tre bien!

    look, and comment if you can!
    http://euachoqueusimplesmentenaosei.blogspot.com/
    http://maiseducacaocleonicebragafonseca.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your great information related to book keeping.
    Bookkeeper Toowoomba

    ReplyDelete